Hello. My family and I currently live in Europe, which has inspired us to seize every opportunity to travel. This site is a way for me to share the travel adventures my family and I have, as well as, our progress toward adjusting to life in Europe. I hope our trips inspire you to travel more and make memories of your own.
“Wherever you go becomes a part of you.” – Anita Desai
Republic of Ireland
In all my travels, Ireland is my favorite. It is stunning, the locals are kind and cheeky, and the beer is top-notch. Plus, I can trace my paternal ancestors back to this amazing country. It just felt right.
Prague is one of my favorite cities. It is breathtakingly beautiful. The culture is evident in even the smallest of details. The locals are fun and the beer is cheap.
Oui, oui! I have never had a bad experience in France. The food is some of the best on the planet, the wine makes me happy and I have always found the locals to be kind. Plus, it’s beautiful.
This is where I currently call home. The language is difficult, but I welcome the challenge. The country is beautiful and such a central location to be able to travel with ease to the rest of Europe.
Switzerland is expensive compared to most of Europe. However, it is gorgeous.
Luxembourg city has so much history and the Christmas markets here are some of my favorites.
This beautiful country nestled within the Alps is stunning and a great place to enjoy winter sports.
The land of pasta, prosecco, pizza and gelato. The locals are kind, the architecture has character and the history is vast.
Recent Blog Posts
- What is so Great about Living in Germany – Location (part 1)This is a series of posts about my favorite aspects of life in Germany. Adjusting to life in Germany was difficult at first. I was excited, but honestly felt a bit overwhelmed by the rules and the differences in culture. However, the longer I live here the more I enjoy the nuances of the culture and even appreciate the rules. Moving here has opened my eyes to new experiences and ways of doing things; ultimately motivating me to evaluate and question ideas that I once thought of as the ‘norm.’ While there are still some challenges associated with living here,Continue reading “What is so Great about Living in Germany – Location (part 1)”
- Exploring the Islands of the Venetian Lagoon – Murano, Burano, and TorcelloIf you are planning a trip to Venice, Italy, you need to schedule some time to visit the three most famous islands of the Venetian Lagoon – Murano, Burano and Torcello. It’s like taking a trip back in time and is a beautiful way to spend an afternoon. You will marvel at the unique personality and charm of each island and the picturesque surroundings will leave you in awe. My family and I booked the Murano, Burano and Torcello half-day sightseeing tour through Viator. If you just want to hop off the boat, take some pictures and grab a quick gelato,Continue reading “Exploring the Islands of the Venetian Lagoon – Murano, Burano, and Torcello”
- A Weekend Near Dieppe, FranceMy family and I recently spent a long weekend at an Airbnb located on the top of a cliff with a view of the French coast near Dieppe. It was by far the most relaxing vacation we’ve taken since moving to Europe. It was a simple weekend of simple pleasures.
- The Five Villages of Cinque Terre, ItalyThe five villages of Cinque Terre date back to the Middle Ages and are Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore. Here’s what you need to know about the villages of Cinque Terre.
- The Aperol SpritzOne late afternoon as my family and I dined on seafood pasta watching the sunset in Monterosso in Cinque Terre with salt and sunblock still coating our skin, a waiter brought the four people at the table behind us each this strange looking bright, orange-colored drink served over ice in a wine glass.
- What to do in Cinque Terre, ItalyCinque Terre, Italy is a charming collection of five villages along the Mediterranean Sea. Its kaleidoscope of colorful architecture from the Middle Ages, access to beautiful beaches, delicious dining and hiking trails make it a popular Italian vacation destination.